WEMW Co-Production Forum 2021
DEADLINE: October 31, 2020
The upcoming edition of WEMW will offer both an on-site & online program in order to meet the needs of all participants. The on-site version will be held in Trieste between 24 and 26 January 2021 and will include a combination of physical and digital initiatives; it will be followed on 27 and 28 January by a series of online one-to-one meetings. This new edition of WEMW will continue researching and giving insights into the specific realities of the East and West, bringing to Trieste a selection of projects in different phases and a delegation of the main key players from the 2021 countries in focus: Italy and Israel.
- Producers from Europe*, Israel, North and South America are eligible to apply
- Projects must be long feature fiction films or documentaries in development with preferably 10% of the total budget already in place
- Projects must have international co-production potential
* Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
All applications must include: complete online application form, treatment in English (max 5-8 pages), financing plan, teaser/visuals/mood board of the submitted project and previous work of the director.
In order to submit your application and the required materials you need to create your own account and fill in the online form following this link
There is no submission fee and the deadline is October 31, 2020.
SELECTION & CURATION
Selected projects will be announced late December and selected producers/directors will have the chance to pitch their project in Trieste in front of all attending decision makers and, at the same time, to all online registered professionals. We will arrange both on spot and online individual meetings with all registered participants and for the first time we will accompany the selected projects before, during and after the event, organizing curated one-to-one meetings with a number of business angels from all over Europe, handpicked for each project in cooperation with EAVE. Selected teams will have the unique opportunity to receive advice on co-production, finance, marketing or distribution, according to the primary needs of their project.
WEMW Scouting Days
Starting from the next week and until the end of October you will have the possibility to request individual meetings every Monday and Tuesday with the WEMW team to discuss projects, share ideas or doubts or get more info about the co-production forum and the submission process.
To schedule the most suitable slot please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film Center Serbia Development Award – cash prize
- EAVE scholarship – for the EAVE European Producers Workshop
- Flow Postproduction Award – 15.000 EUR prize in post-production facilities
- EWA Network Best Woman Director Award – cash prize for the best female director
- Producers Network Prize – free accreditation to the Cannes Marche du Film Producer’s Network
- Pop Up Film Residency Award – a 3-week residency with the guidance of international mentors