Creative Europe MEDIA
Creative Europe is the European Commission’s framework programme for support to the culture and media sectors.
Following on from the previous Culture Programme and MEDIA programmes, Creative Europe (2014-2020), with a budget of €1.46 billion (9% higher than its predecessors), will support:
- Culture sector initiatives, such as those promoting cross-border cooperation, platforms, networking, and literary translation;
- Audiovisual sector initiatives, such as those promoting the development, distribution, or access to audiovisual works;
- A cross-sectoral strand, including a Guarantee Facility and transnational policy cooperation
The programme consists of two sub-programmes; the Culture sub-programme to promote the culture sector, and the MEDIA sub-programme to support the audio-visual sector.
in the development, distribution and promotion of their work. It helps to launch projects with a European dimension and nurtures new technologies; it enables European films and audiovisual works
including feature films, television drama, documentaries and new media to find markets beyond national and European borders; it funds training and film development schemes.
The objectives of the MEDIA subprogram are:
- Strengthening the European audiovisual and multimedia sector by emphasizing European identity, heritage and cultural diversity;
- Greater presence of European audiovisual works on the international market;
- Strengthening and fostering the innovation and competitiveness of the European audiovisual sector.
Financing is available in several categories, including: supporting producers to develop innovative and competitive projects in the fields of film, TV and video games, support for the distribution of European audiovisual works, audience development and professional development and networking.