Slate Project Development EACEA/18/2019
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Support for the Development of Audiovisual Content – Slate Funding
Under this support scheme, the applicant submits a proposal with a view to developing a Slate of minimum 3 to maximum 5 projects (Slate Funding) for commercial exploitation, intended for cinema release, television broadcasting or commercial exploitation on digital platforms or a multi-platform environment in the following categories: animation, creative documentary and fiction. The scheme will also provide an entry point for emerging talent supported by the strong foundation provided by experienced production companies. To do so, applicants may add a short film by emerging talent to their Slate (optional).
The programme provides support for:
• the development of European audiovisual works in particular films and television works such as fiction, documentaries, children’s and animated films, as well as interactive works such as videogames and multimedia with enhanced cross-border circulation potential;
• activities aiming to support European audiovisual production companies, in particular independent production companies, with a view to facilitating European and international co-productions of audiovisual works including television works.
Development activities for the following projects are eligible:
– Feature films, animations and creative documentaries of a minimum length of 60 minutes intended primarily for cinematic release;
– Fiction projects (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 90 minutes, animation (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 24 minutes and creative documentaries (one-off or series) of a total duration of minimum 50 minutes intended primarily for the purposes of television;
– Fiction projects of a total duration or user experience of minimum 90 minutes, animation of a total duration or user experience of minimum 24 minutes and creative documentaries of a total duration or user experience of minimum 50 minutes intended primarily for the purposes of digital platform exploitation. For projects presenting a user experience in a non-linear format (e.g. Virtual Reality), these minimums do not apply. The digital platform is addressing the following types of projects: animation, creative documentaries and fiction projects intended for multiple screen-based devises, interactive projects, linear and non-linear web-series and narrative virtual reality projects.
The day of principal photography (or equivalent) of the submitted projects must not be scheduled to occur within 8 months from the date of submission of the application.
The applicant must also own the majority of rights related to the projects.
In case a short film is added to the Slate, the development and production activities of the short will be eligible for co-financing if:
1) the short film is of a maximum length of 20 minutes and is providing support to emerging talent.
2) the day of principal photography (or equivalent) of the submitted short film does not occur before the date of submission of the application.
The minimum contribution per action is of EUR 70.000.
The maximum contribution per action is of:
– EUR 200.000 for a Slate without a short film project;
– EUR 210.000 for a Slate with the addition of a short film project;
– EUR 150.000 for a Slate with only creative documentaries and without a short film project;
– EUR 160.000 for a Slate with only creative documentaries and with the addition of a short film project.
The minimum allocated to a project of the Slate is EUR 10.000 and the maximum is up to EUR 60.000, provided the amount does not exceed 50% of the eligible development costs of the project. If a short film is added to the Slate, the maximum support for the short film is up to EUR 10.000, provided the contribution
does not exceed 80% of the eligible costs of the production (including development costs) of this project.