Call for entries for WEMW Co-Production Forum
WHEN EAST MEETS WEST 2020
WEMW Co-production Forum
DEADLINE: October 31, 2019
The upcoming edition of WEMW (January 19-21, 2020) will launch the new East & West focus and will bring together over 500 film professionals from more than 40 countries, in particular from the 2020 spotlight countries: Hungary, Moldova, Romania & Austria, Germany, Switzerland.
- Producers from Europe*, North and Latin America are eligible to apply
- Projects must be long feature fiction films or documentaries in development with preferably 10% of the total budget already in place
- Projects must have international co-production potential, preferably with one of the 2020 spotlight countries (Hungary, Moldova, Romania & Austria, Germany, Switzerland) or Italy
All applications must include:complete online application form, treatment in English (max 5-8 pages), financing plan, teaser/visuals/mood board of the submitted project and previous works of the director.
In order to submit your application and the required materials you need to create your own account and fill in the online form following this link. Deadline:October 31, 2019.
Selected projects will be announced after mid-December and selected producers/directors will have the chance to pitch their project in front of all WEMW attending professionals and have two day pre-scheduled meetings. There is no submission fee and selected teams will be offered lunches and free WEMW Industry accreditation.
- Film Center Serbia Development Award – cash prize
- EAVE scholarship – for the EAVE European Producers Workshop
- Flow Postproduction Award – 15.000 EUR prize in post-production facilities
- EWA Network Best Woman Director Award – cash prize for the best female director
- Producers Network Prize – free accreditation to the Cannes Marche du Film Producer’s Network
- Pop Up Film Residence Award – a 3-week residency with the guidance of international mentors
* Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom