Call for Entries: Euro Connection 2020
MEDIA desk Serbia in collaboration with the Clermon-Ferand Short Film Festival, announces the Call for producers of short films to participate in Euro Connection Pitching Forum.
Euro Connection is the main platform for the co-production of short films. This two-day pitching and networking event aims at fostering partnerships between production companies from Europe and beyond around short film projects. The 12th edition of Euro Connection will take place on Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5 February 2020 during the International Short Film Market in Clermont-Ferrand, in association with the Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée, and with support from the Creative Europe MEDIA sub-programme and the PROCIREP.
Euro Connection brings together:
- 14 European projects that are selected for pitching
- A dozen producers invited as part of the Producers Focus
- 5 international projects (outside Europe) invited through partnerships
- An overall industry audience of 160 producers and production partners from Europe
This Call is launched across Europe and results in the selection of 14 projects whose producers are invited to pitch at Euro Connection and network with the participating industry audience of potential co-producers.
The event revolves around:
- Pitch training workshop (Monday 3 February 2020).
- Pitching sessions (Tuesday 4 February).
- Facilitated networking for producers and participants.
- One-on-one business meetings (Wednesday 5 February).
Taking part in Euro Connection – Pitching a European project
Producers willing to pitch a short film project at Euro Connection should send their application by email no later than October 20, 2019 to the national correspondent in their country. Serbian participants should contact MEDIA Desk – Una Domazetoski or Nevena Negojević.
- Producers are legally based in one of the countries associated to Euro Connection 2020 (see p.7).
- The project is a short film (animation, fiction, creative documentary).
- The duration does not exceed 40 minutes.
- The project must have partial funding granted by an external source (third party organisation).
- The producer intends to develop the film as an international coproduction
- Shooting or production shall start no earlier than June 2020.
- Any producer applying with a project formally commits to attend Euro Connection in person in Clermont-Ferrand in case of selection.
In each country the national correspondent collects applications, checks eligibility, and sets up an expert committee to nominate 1-2 finalist projects.
Each national correspondent will inform the applicants of the results of the nomination of the finalist project. The producers of the finalist projects will then be required to send an English version of their application (including
script) within 7 days (for producers who apply to their correspondents with an application in another language than English).
A European jury will then select up to 13 projects from all the finalist projects. The jury will include 3 industry professionals from different nationalities. All finalist participants will be informed of the list of selected projects for Euro Connection by the end of November 2019.
Being part of the Producers Focus
A dozen producers are invited to be in the Producers Focus. Each is given a two-minute window during Euro Connection to present their background, their company, and their approach to short films and to co-production. This is not a pitch for a project. The Producers Focus gives invited producers a chance to be actively identified by the industry audience, to develop their network, or to get on board pitched projects.
The producers of the remaining finalist projects, outside the final selection, will be given priority invitations to be part of the Producers Focus.
Invitation to the Producers Focus includes:
- 3 hotel nights (arrival Monday 3 – departure Thursday 6 February 2020);
- meal vouchers for the duration of their stay;
- Full accreditation to the International Short Film Market in Clermont-Ferrand;
- Invitation to the Euro Connection lunch and Euro Connection / CNC networking cocktail.